Farm News 8th Annual Farm Show set Dec. 2, Dec. 3
Ag humorist, market analysts set as speakers
The Farm News 8th Annual Farm Show is set for a two-day run Dec. 2 and Dec. 3 in the Iowa Central Community College’s career Education Building, at 1 Triton Circle, in Fort Dodge.
Over 40 exhibitors are scheduled with some booths still available for exhibitors. To reserve a spot call (800) 622-6613 or (515) 574-4451.
The show is set for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Dec. 2, and from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 3. It will be held in the Career Education Building on the Iowa Central Community College campus in Fort Dodge.
The speakers’ schedules and profiles are as follows:
- David Kruse – Dec. 2, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Kruse will speak on “Reinflating the American economy: Ramifications and risks to ag marketing.” Kruse is president of CommStock Investments, based in Royal, in Clay County, and Brazil Iowa Farms, also based in Royal.
He is sponsored by United Bank of Iowa.
- Jerry Carroll – Dec. 2 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. He is being sponsored by POET Biorefining.
Carroll is a farmer and southern humorist. He draws his material from his life on the farm and 20 years farming on his own before hitting the entertainment trail.
- Brian Hoops – Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Hoops will talk on “Marketing in a new era of agriculture.” He is sponsored by Brokaw Supply Company.
Hoops is president and senior marketing analyst for Midwest Market Solutions Inc., based in Yankton, S.D.
Hoops syndicated columns includes farm News and other farm publications throughout the Midwest and Plains States.
He started his career in the banking industry and was vice president of Northwest Iowa Bank. He grew up on a grain farm and graduated from Northwestern College in 1991.
- Allen Patten – Dec. 2 from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. He’ll be speaking on the volatility and risks in production agriculture and commodity markets. He is sponsored by Farm Credit Services.
Patten is vice president of FCS office in Hamilton County.
- Larry Johnson – Dec. 3 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Johnson is director of Iowa State University’s new Bio Century Research Farm, which opened earlier this fall.
He is being sponsored by the research farm.
Visitors to the Farm Show can register for a new Bobcat BG5H portable generator, sponsored by R&J Material Handling.
Coffee and doughnuts will be served on the morning of Dec. 2, by the ag relations committee of the Fort Dodge Chamber of Commerce.
Lunch on Dec 3 will be served by Webster County Pork Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Breakfast on Dec. 3 will be served by Chris’ Cakes from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. this breakfast is being sponsored by Lundell Plastics Corporation.
Lunch on Dec. 3 will be served by Webster County Beef Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
There is free parking and no admission into the farm show.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page