Farm News Ag Show is place to be
Even those with the most casual interest in agriculture will want to be on hand when the ninth annual Farm News Ag Show kicks off Wednesday at the Career Education Building on the Iowa Central Community College campus in Fort Dodge. The show will offer an exciting educational opportunity.
The two-day event will showcase the latest technology in grain and livestock products, agricultural services, seed varieties and farm toys. More than 60 exhibitors will be on hand. The range of their offerings is certain to be truly outstanding. Those who pay close attention to agricultural trends will find much on the show floor to expand their knowledge of options available today as well as those on the drawing boards for tomorrow.
Featured speakers include:
- David Kruse, president of CommStock Investments and Brazil Iowa Farms of Royal, Iowa, and author of The CommStock Report, will speak from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Wednesday. His theme will be “Producers Rule: Consumer’s Duck! This Time it is Different, Commodities are on a Roll.” Anderson Implement and Brokaw Supply Co. are sponsoring this presentation
- Jerry Nelson, a freelance writer and humorist from Volga, S.D., and a Farm News columnist who is the author of “County Agent Guy,” will entertain the crowd from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. Nelson’s appearance is sponsored by POET Biorefining-Gowrie.
- Bob Streit, a Farm News columnist who is the author of “Crop Watch,” and who owns his own private consulting business in agronomy, will discuss “Meeting the Cropping Challenges of 2011” from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Streit’s appearance is sponsored by United Bank of Iowa.
- John Holmes, an Iowa State University Extension field agronomist, will present “Reviewing 2010 and Three Tips to Increase Yields and Improve Profitability in 2011” from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
- Mike Robertson and Mike Richards, instructors in agriculture sustainable agriculture at Iowa Central, will discuss ag programs, farm projects, farm production, and student success and opportunities from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Lunch will be available on-site by the Webster County Pork Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday and by the Webster County Beef Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday. Meals will be served by the Fort Dodge Area Chamber of Commerce Ag Relations Task Force with the help of Iowa Central Community College agriculture students.
There will be a free pancake breakfast for the first 525 guests from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. on Thursday. The breakfast is catered by Chris Cakes and is sponsored by Lundell Plastics, of Odebolt.
There will be much to see and learn at the show, but in addition to all that, there’s also the opportunity to win prizes. Show attendees can register to win a Bobcat BGE7H 13.0 HP portable generator, valued at $2,500. The generator is provided by R & J Material Handling, Fort Dodge, and Farm News. Winners will be drawn on Dec. 6.
Farm News Ag Show partners include R & J Material Handling, Lundell Plastics, POET Biorefining-Gowrie, United Bank of Iowa, Twin Lakes Environmental Services, LLC, Anderson Implement, Brokaw Supply Co., Bank of America, Iowa Central Community College, Iowa State University Extension-Fort Dodge, Fort Dodge Area Chamber of Commerce Ag Relations Task Force, Webster County Pork Producers and the Webster County Beef Producers.
The Farm News Ag Show 2010 promises to be a splendid opportunity for education, good conversation, some outstanding food and just plain fun. See you there.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page