Dordt , ISU slate 2014 STEM Fest
SIOUX CENTER – STEM Fest, hosted by Dordt College and Iowa State University Extension is set from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Feb. 22 in the Science Building on the Dordt College campus in Sioux Center.
STEM, which stands for science, technology, engineering and math, is geared for youths in grades four through eight.
Dordt College STEM faculty and students and ISU Extension staff are promising a fun-filled, mind-blowing, STEM-ulating activities to help area youth experience the exciting applications of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Participants also have the opportunity to watch presentations from area FIRST LEGO League teams.
Registration begins at 8:45 a.m. Participants choose a color track during registration selecting activities for four sessions. These include:
- Colors of chemistry.
- Science of music.
- Planet hunter.
- Prairie patrol.
- Creatures from the pond.
- Food science and animal anatomy.
- Electronics lab.
- WP bridge designer.
- Engineer student design.
- Rockets away.
- Mysterious M&Ms.
- Submersibles, aerodynamics, and designing windmills.
Participants should bring $10 for lunch at the college food service. Morning and afternoon snacks
The deadline to register is Feb. 14 and can be done by contacting a county Extension office.
These contacts include:
- Lyon County-Jill Postma (712) 472-2576
- Sioux County-Cindy Cleveringa (712) 737-4230.
- Osceola County-Michael Compton (712) 754-3648.
- O’Brien County-Kris Keene (712) 957-5045
- Dickinson County-Jessica Sander (712) 336-3488.
- Clay County-Anissa Jepsen (712) 262-2264.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page