Farm News Ag Show is place to be
Even those with the most casual interest in agriculture will want to be on hand when the 13th annual Farm News Ag Show kicks off at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the 2031 Quail Ave. on the East Campus of Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge.
This location will be familiar to many area residents as the former headquarters of Smithway Motor Xpress. On Wednesday the show is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It resumes at 7:30 a.m. Thursday and runs until 3 p.m.
The two-day Ag Show will showcase a wide array of agricultural products and services. More than 70 exhibitors will be on hand in the 30,000 square feet of show space.
Featured speakers include:
- Elwynn Taylor, an Iowa State University climatologist, will speak from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Wednesday. Taylor’s presentation will explore the crop weather outlook for 2015 and beyond.
- Brent Johnson, who owns Labre Crop Consulting in Manson, will speak from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday. He will discuss drones. His company is sponsoring this presentation.
- Myron Friesen, of Farm Financial Strategies, will speak from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday. He will explore farm succession strategies. Farm Financial Strategies is the sponsor of this talk.
- Shane Ellis, an ISU ag and farm management specialist, will speak from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday. He will explain the 2014 farm bill. His talk is being sponsored by United Bank of Iowa.
- Dave Kruse, president of CommStock Investments, will speak from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Thursday. He will discuss investment strategies. Kruse’s talk is being sponsored by the Webster County Farm Bureau.
- Jill McDonald, product quality manager for Hellenbrand Inc., will speak about water quality from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Blue Ribbon Pelham Waters is the sponsor for her talk.
- Dr. Neil Harl, an ISU agriculture professor, will speak from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday. He will explore the future of agriculture. Northwest Bank of Fort Dodge and Brokaw Supply Co. are the talk sponsors.
Water will be served during the speaker presentations by Blue Ribbon Pelham Waters, of Fort Dodge.
Lunch is available on-site by the Webster County Pork Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday and by the Webster County Beef Producers from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
There will be a free pancake breakfast for the first 525 guests from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. on Thursday. The breakfast is catered by Chris Cakes and is sponsored by Lundell Plastics, of Odebolt.
Show attendees can register to win a Bobcat pressure washer valued at $1,500, sponsored by R&J Material Handling, Fort Dodge and Farm News.
Farm News Ag Show partners include Blue Ribbon Pelham Waters, Brokaw Supply, Farm Financial Strategies, Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Ag Leaders, Iowa Central Community College, Iowa State University Extension, John Pitzer Sales, Labre Crop Consulting, Lundell Plastics, Northwest Bank, R&J Material Handling, United Bank of Iowa, Webster County Farm Bureau, Webster County Beef Producers and the Webster County Pork Producers.
The Farm News Ag Show 2014 promises to be a splendid opportunity for education, good conversation, some outstanding food and just plain fun. See you there.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page