Nursery supporters want to see other policy changes
AMES – Supporters of keeping the state forest nursery in Ames open said more changes are needed than price hikes to keep the nursery viable.
During several meetings since early March, other policy changes they want to propose include:
- Allowing the nursery to open sales beyond conservation purposes only.
- To sell seedling trees and shrubs in smaller quantities than 50 or 100.
- Allow sales of bigger trees. Currently, the nursery cannot sell any plant that has been in the ground for four years or longer.
- Permit sales of potted trees and shrubs.
- Implement a pay-now-pick-up-later plan.
This would allow a landowner to make incremental payments of a large order in advance, and then pick-up the stock when needed.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page