ISU Northern Iowa Research Farm sets field day
KANAWHA – The ISU Northern Iowa Research Farm Field Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 25 at the ISU Northern Iowa Research Farm, 310 S. Main St., Kanawha.
Presenters and topics include:
- Micah Smidt, farm superintendent will give a season review of the farm.
- John Sawyer, ISU Extension soil fertility specialist, will discuss spring nitrogen management.
Sawyer will also discuss research on nitrogen rates, in-season applications of nitrogen, and nitrogen management effects on water quality.
- Mark Licht, ISU Extension cropping systems agronomist, will discuss topics in corn and soybean production, including crop development progress, research on row spacing, and planting dates.
- Emily Heaton, ISU agronomy professor, will discuss the production of perennial biomass crops that can be used as a renewable energy source and protection of soil resources.
- Angie Rieck-Hinz and Paul Kassel, ISU Extension field agronomists, will discuss weed control issues, herbicide injury symptoms and other topics for late June.
The field day is free, open to the public and includes lunch. For more information, contact Angie Rieck-Hinz, ISU Extension Field Agronomist at (515) 231-2830, email email@example.com.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page