Hemp as a cash crop meetings set
FORT DODGE/EMMETSBURG – The Iowa Hemp Association will offer two “Fields of Opportunity” presentations on industrial hemp in Fort Dodge and Emmetsburg. The workshops are free. They are:
- Fort Dodge: From 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Oct. 10 at the Fort Dodge Public Library, 424 Central Ave., Fort Dodge.
Light drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Emmetsburg: From 6:30-9 p.m. on Oct. 12 at The Shores at Five Island, 14 N. Lawler St.
Pizza and beverages will be provided.
The presentation will focus on:
- The advantages of utilizing industrial hemp in place of current feed stocks, including
overviews of current technologies being developed and implemented for hemp processing in the 19 states with industrial hemp products.
- The economic advantages of farming hemp in rotation with corn and soy in Iowa,
including an overview of current economic potential for hemp cultivation based on statistics from multiple states and countries.
- Environmental benefits of hemp and its historical use in the United States.
- An overview of current state and federal laws governing hemp cultivation.
Farmers, local community leaders, law enforcement officials and concerned citizens are encouraged to attend this event. Food is provided courtesy of the Heartland Hemp Co., in Des Moines.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page