Albert Lea Seed sets open house
ALBERT LEA, Minn. – Albert Lea Seed, a third-generation company has set a two-day open house Nov. 19 and Nov. 20 at 1414 W. Main St., Albert Lea, Minnesota.
The company has set program themes for both days including focusing on conventional seeds and practices on Nov. 19 and organic farming on Nov. 20.
Lunch will be served to attendees both days.
Speakers and programs for the two-day event are:
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybeans from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., presented by Rob Elliott, a farmer, Monsanto account manager, National Corn Growers vice president.
- Managing herbicide-tolerant weeds from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., presented by Lisa Behnken, University of Minnesota.
- Northern corn leaf blight from 11 a.m. to nopon, presented by Alison Robertson, and Iowa State University Extension plant pathologist.
- Marketing: Nickels, Dimes, and Your Bottom Line, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., presened by Kurt Barth, of Brock Associates.
- Cover Crops in a Corn-Bean Rotation, from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., presented by Gabe Brown, of Brown’s Ranch, in Bismarck, North Dakota; and local farmer panel.
- Trends in Organic Seed and Seed Availability, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., presented by Elia Romano, of Albert Lea Seed.
- Organic and Cover Crop Insurance, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., presented by Mark Gutierrez, of USDA-Risk Management Agency.
- Marketing and Forecasting for Organic Grains, from 11 a.m. to noon, presented by Alex Heilman, of Mercaris.
- Cover Crop Integration in a Diverse Farm Rotation, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., presented by Gabe Brown.
- Soil Health in Organic Systems, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., presented by Dr. Michel Cavigelli, USDA-Agricultural Research Service.
- Organic Small Grain Production, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., presented by Jonathan Olson.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page