Forage, grassland conference set Jan. 21-22
AMES – By moving the date and location of the annual Iowa Forage and Grassland Council Conference, the IFGC board of directors hopes to provide attendees with more opportunity for grazing and forage discussions.
The event is set for Jan. 21-22, 2016 at the Iowa State University Alumni Center, just south of Stephens Auditorium at the Iowa State Center in Ames.
Registration begins at noon with the first session at 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 21, and adjourns at 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 22.
“Thanks to support from the North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program, the Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, the Iowa Beef Center and many forage partners of IFGC, the cost to attend is low,” Sellers said. “To attend both days of the IFGC conference or the PFI conference, members pay just $40 in advance or $50 at the door. Non-members pay $60 or $70 respectively.”
Single day rates for members are $25 in advance or $35 at the door, with non-members paying $35 in advance or $45 at the door.
The 2016 IFGC dues (year runs from Jan.1 to Dec. 31) are $35 for producers and the public, and $90 for industry, and can be paid on the registration form, he said.
The registration form is available on the IBC website www.iowabeefcenter.org/events/IFGCconfreg2016.pdf.
For more information, contact Sellers at (641) 774-2016.
Conference sessions, topics and speakers include:
- “Land Use Decisions with Marginal Farm Ground,” by Sellers, and Brian Peterson, chair of the Southern Iowa Forage and Livestock Committee.
- “Results of my SARE producer grazing project,” by Jeff Liston, Turtle Creek Angus, in Lovilia.
- “Report on Brazilian Beef Production,” Erika Lundy and Dan Loy, both of the Iowa Beef Center, ISU; and Dave Miller, IFBF.
- IFGC annual meeting and awards.
- “Management to Establish and Maintain Alfalfa,” by Bruce Anderson, forage specialist.
- “Stockpiling forages, strategic supplementation,” by Jim Elizondo, grazing consultant.
- Producer panel on contract grazing.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page