From where does Iowa get all those pigs?
DES MOINES – According to Dr. Dave Schmitt, state veterinarian, Iowa received a total of 27.76 million head of pigs during 2015, including 27.5 million feeders, and 262,000 breeders.
He said the pigs came from:
- Illinois: 5.258 million head.
- Missouri: 4.61 million head.
- Minnesota: 3.05 million head.
- Nebraska: 2.74 million head.
- Canada: 2.48 million head.
- Oklahoma: 1.697 million head.
.42 million head.
- North Carolina: 957,746 head.
- South Dakota: 957,414 head.
- North Dakota: 50,851.
- Missouri: 46,832.
- Minnesota: 37,412.
- Canada: 27,573.
- Kansas: 18,862.
- South Dakota: 18,345.
- Nebraska: 16,140.
- Illinois: 15,661.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page