Flavors of Northwest Iowa hosts local food road show
ROCK RAPIDS – Farmers markets across Northwest Iowa are open for the season offering diverse selections of vegetables, fruit, flowers, herbs, eggs, honey, meat, crafts and other products.
You can find everything from heirloom varieties to high-antioxidant health foods.
Recognizing the growing interest in fresh, locally produced food, Iowa State University Extension county offices in Northwest Iowa launched Flavors of Northwest Iowa, a regional food project to build a network of support for growers and consumers.
Join us this season on the local food road show to meet local growers and learn how we’re working together to supply the region with locally-grown food.
- Tuesday: ISU Research and Demonstration Garden Tour and Local Food Tasting, at the Lyon County Fairgrounds, South Fifth Avenue and Tama Street, Rock Rapids.
- July 25: Gardening with Herbs, O’Brien County Fairgrounds, 555 Third St. SE, Primghar.
- Aug. 9: Cooking with Garden Vegetables, Forster Community Center, Rock Rapids.
- Aug. 11: Farm-to-Table Dinner, C. Brown Gardens, 21565 C-38, of Merrill.
- Aug. 11: Cooking with Herbs, Sutherland Fire Rescue and Ambulance.
- Aug. 15: Farm-to-Table Dinner, Innspiration Vines and Wines, 1790 510th St., Linn Grove.
- Sept. 10: Siouxland Bike-N-Bite and local food tastings, Sioux City.
- Sept. 25: Herbs in the Hills Festival, Peters Park, Rodney.
Learn more at www.flavorsofnorthwestiowa.org or find all the details on Facebook-Flavors of Northwest Iowa.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page