Aquaculture Center webinar series now online
AMES – Aquaculture professionals have developed a series of webinars to make learning about many aspects of aquaculture easily accessible.
The series brings together experts from across the nation in a 15-webinar series to discuss such topics as managing a recreational fish pond, understanding biosecurity rules, raising finfish and shellfish, and the dietary benefits and risks of farm versus wild fish for beginning and expert auquaculture producers.
In 2016 the North Central Regional Aquaculture Center, the National Aquaculture Association, and the United States Aquaculture Society partnered to produced the aquaculture-related webinar series.
Allen Pattillo, fisheries and aquaculture specialist with Iowa State University Extension, is the featured speaker in three of the webinars.
Pattillo guides listeners through “Aquaponics: How to Do It Yourself, Recreational Fish Pond Management and Branding Opportunities for Oyster Farmers.”
The complete listing of aquaculture webinars are:
- Aquaponics: How to Do It Yourself.
- Final Rule: Mandatory Inspection of Fish of the order Siluriformes and Products Derived from Such Fish.
- Labeling Requirements for Siluriformes Fish USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service’s Voluntary Catfish Grading Program and Standards.
- What You Need to Know About Biosecurity.
- How to Design Your Health and Biosecurity Plan.
- Recreational Fish Pond Management.
- The HACCP Approach to Prevent the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Species by Aquaculture and Baitfish Operations.
- U.S. Farm-Raised Finfish and Shellfish 101.
- Regulatory Costs of U.S. Aquaculture Business.
- Branding Opportunities for Oyster Farmers.
- Seafood in the Diet: Benefits and Risks for Farm Raised and Wild.
- Use of Veterinary Feed Directive Drugs in Aquaculture.
- Social Media: An Introduction for Successful Use.
- Fish Health: What You Need to Know as an Aquaculture Producer.
- Indoor Shrimp Farming.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page